What Are Acrylic Channel Letters?

Consider acrylic channel letters for a lightweight lettering option that can be used outdoors and is highly customizable. Acrylic lettering is relatively inexpensive and can be cut and shaped to suit your signage needs. This form of lettering is most commonly stud mounted, so if that’s the property owner’s preference, you may find acrylic channel […]

What Is a Backer Panel?

If you want to customize a channel letter sign further, consider adding a backer panel. A backer panel is an optional sign feature typically made from aluminum or ACM. You can use it to optimize channel letters’ appearance by adding contrast and helping them stand out more. It can be instrumental in amplifying the halo […]

What Is a Cutoff Switch?

A cutoff switch is an on/off switch for your illuminated channel letter sign. It’s an electrical component and is typically located somewhere on the building’s exterior, the raceway, or individual letter.

What Is a Direct Mount?

Also called a flush mount, a direct mount is a mounting style used for some channel letter signs. This type of mount features letters that are directly attached to the building facade. In the case of halo letters, 1.5′ standoffs are used to attach the lettering.

What Is Stroke Width?

The front of channel letters needs to be thick enough for the manufacturer to make them. The thickness of the front is referred to as the stroke width. Regardless of whether the sign is front-lit or halo-lit, the stroke width needs to be at least 1.5″ unless they’re on the same sign, in which case […]

What Is a Trim Cap?

Trim caps give the lettering of a channel letter sign a finished appearance. They create a fastening surface that attaches to the return of the lettering. They can be required if using traditional fabrication methods. Despite their ability to create a finished appearance, there can be some downsides to having a trim cap. Trim caps […]